V&H Compeitive slip-on for the Star Bolt exhaust
The angular up sweeping muffler design of the Competition Series slip-on is the consummate enhancement to the Boltís bold back-to-basics style. Formed in lightweight stainless steel and coated in high temperature ceramic with laser-etched Vance & Hines logo, the Competition Series slip-on also features a machined billet end cap in matte chrome to match the finish of the factory header heat shields of the Bolt.
With an aggressive deep tone thanks to its fiberglass wrapped perforated core, the Competition Series slip-on brings the Bolt to life in a big way, but still retains the versatility to be fitted with an optional sound insert to measure the exhaust note.
What to expect when ordering these pipes:
- Lightweight Stainless Steel Construction
- Slip-fit to OEM Head Pipe
- Available in Matte Black Finish
- The 02 sensor will work with this exhaust.
- We recommend that you purchase a fuel controller with the megaphone other wise you take the risk of running your motorcycle to lean. We do offer few fuel controllers to choose from to help tune in your fuel injection system.
- This product fits the Star Bolt stock exhaust headers
- Install time: 1 hr.
- Do I have to add a fuel controller?
Usually only if your changing both exhaust and air intake systems, however with this product we suggest using a fuel controller with this free flowing exhaust.
- Will I need to remove the 02 sensor to install this exhaust?
No, you will need not need to remove the 02 sensor when installing your exhaust.
- Do I need to have the bike dyno'd?
No, but if you want to make sure the motorcycle is properly tuned in then taking it to a dyno would be the best option.
- Do I need a professional mechanic to install this product?
This is always suggested, but this depends on your own garage skills, please know your limits and watch our install video above. Give us a call if you have any questions 855-865-7433.
- Do i have to reinstall the 02 sensor?
We did not but please check with your state guidelines and regulations.